Everybody wants to get on the plane on time and get where they’re going on time. But be ready for the unexpected and for flying delays. Don’t worry when you fly with American Airlines, though. If your flight is delayed, American Airlines will pay you.
The company almost always leaves on time, but things can come up out of the blue that cause flight delays. When you fly with AA, though, you don’t have to worry. The airline takes care of you if your flight is delayed, or canceled, or if you miss your link because of a delay.
Okay, let’s check to see if you can get AA flight delay compensation or a new flight reservation on the next available trip. Scroll down to learn more about AA’s flight delay compensation, including what rights passengers have and how much they can get.
How do I know if my American Airlines flight is delayed?
Read the following to get an idea of what AA counts as a flight delay and how they decide who should get paid:
Time delays due to AA
If the airline’s mistake caused the delay, it will pay for your costs. You must catch a flight before 11:59 PM local time for this to work with your landing time. If the changes don’t meet these requirements, AA will pay for your overnight stay.
Delays beyond the control of AA
If bad weather or political unrest causes a delay, you have to pay for your lodging, food, and other costs.
AA will not keep people on a local flight on the tarmac for more than three hours. International trips are limited to 4 hours.
What does American Airlines’ policy for delayed flights mean?
American Airlines flight delay refund policy can help you if the delay is not due to a technical or mechanical problem. Here are the most important parts of the guidelines for your reference:
- There is no charge to move or preempt your trip. This change in trip dates, though, depends on what caused the delay.
- The airline will help you find a new flight if yours is greatly delayed or if you miss a connection because of it. You will not be charged extra for the rebooking, which will be done on a flight that has seats available.
- If bad weather delays your flight, the airline will repay you the part of your ticket that you didn’t use because of the delay.
- You can obtain a trip credit or voucher that you can utilize to book flights in the future.
How Much Does American Airlines Delays Compensation?
What you get in pay may also depend on why the delay happened and how long it lasted. This time, let’s look at how much AA pays for flights that are late for your comfort.
The payment is given as a coupon that can be redeemed for –
- Tickets for flights over 3,500 km cost $660.49 (€600).
- Tickets for flights between 1,500 km and 3,500 km cost $440.33 (€400).
- Flying up to 1,500 km costs $275.20 (€250).
What are my rights as a passenger if an American Airlines flight is late?
When American Airlines is to blame for a flight delay, they not only give you money back, but they also take care of you in other ways. Take a look at how AA operates.
- If your flight is delayed for more than two hours, AA will provide you with food, drinks, transportation, and a place to stay (if necessary).
- If you are delayed by three hours or more, you can ask for a return and be taken back to where you started.
- The state of your compensation from the airline depends on where you are getting on the flight. Since American Airlines flies all over the world, its rules are different in each place it flies to.
When an American Airlines flight is late, how do I choose a new one?
Use these options to change your flight or see if your trip has changed:
Using the American App
- Input your AA password.
- Press the sign.
- Go over your trip again.
- If you have to, pick a different flight.
- To get your new flight pass, you need to check-in.
By using the official AA site
- In the “Your Trips” area, your updated AA flight is shown.
- You can either accept it or choose another one.
Utilize a Kiosk
- Key in your record locator or scan your travel pass.
- You need to change your flight and print new boarding passes.
How Do I Ask AA to compensate for a Flight Delay?
Here are the steps you need to take to get your money back:
- Go to the page for American Airlines.
- Contact their customer help by email.
- The American Airlines flight delay compensation form must be filled out to make a request.
- In response to your claim, AA may sometimes agree with you or disagree with you.
- If you accept, the company will pay you.