JetBlue, one of the leading airlines in the industry, gives you a hassle-free experience to cancel your flight with a nominal convenience fee that also makes it cheaper when you choose airline policy to help you. JetBlue has made flight cancellation easier and more affordable. JetBlue also gives the option for Instant cancellation available for both Domestic and International flights. So here are important highlights from the JetBlue Flight Cancellation policy;
- JetBlue Refundable Tickets – Passengers can cancel the JetBlue flight online for a refund if the flight ticket is directly purchased from the airline itself and only applies on a refundable or non-restricted fare.
- JetBlue non-refundable Tickets – Keeping JetBlue’s cancellation policy in mind, if canceling a non-refundable ticket is made, the passenger is eligible to claim the refund for the taxes.
- Cancel JetBlue Flight for Credit – In case the flight cancellation is attempted, JetBlue allows you to redeem your refund in the form of future travel credit, which is instantly redeemable; the said travel credit would remain valid up to one year from the date of flight cancellation.
- JetBlue Flight Refund – All the JetBlue flight cancellation refund request is executed to the original form of payment, such as the debit/credit card used to purchase the ticket.
- JetBlue Cancel Flight Fee – JetBlue cancellation charges are applicable on all flight tickets, alternative as a fare type, and the selected class selected by the passenger.
- JetBlue 24-Hour Cancellation – If a purchase is made for one week or more before the flight’s scheduled departure, JetBlue has a cancellation fee waiver policy applicable for the same condition that the flight should originate to and from the USA.
- JetBlue Cancel Anytime Travel Protection – In a scenario medical emergency where the situation occurs that the passenger is not fit to fly, recommended by a doctor, or requires hospitalization, has met a traffic accident, or If the passenger or in case death of the passenger occurs, co-passenger or family member, passengers are eligible to cancel a trip, the JetBlue gives the right cover your cancellation.
- JetBlue Cancellation Due to Weather – Weather is the point of the act of God that can cause a delay or disrupt the scheduled departure. As per JetBlue cancellation policy, passengers have a right to cancel the flight & the cancellation fee waiver would be applicable, and the refund can only be issued for the unused portion of the flight ticket in the form of a future travel credit.
- Canceling JetBlue Award Flight – The mosaic reward members are subject to a JetBlue Privilege for cancellation fee when canceling a non-refundable flight ticket; the refund would be issued in the form of future travel credit.
- JetBlue Bereavement Cancellation – In the event of the death of the passenger whose reservation is confirmed with JetBlue, a full amount for the JetBlue flight can be issued, only for the unused portion, and the copy of the death certificate has to be submitted within 14 days of JetBlue flight cancellation request is made.
What is the process for canceling the JetBlue flight?
JetBlue allows passengers to cancel their flight online and over the phone with a customer support executive. Here we have explained step-by-step methods that help passengers cancel their JetBlue flights –
JetBlue Flight Cancellation Via Online
You can follow these steps to cancel the ticket online:
- Go to jetblue.com and click on the “Manage Booking” tab.
- To access the JetBlue reservation, enter the passenger’s last name and the six-digit confirmation code.
- Click the cancel button after selecting the flight schedule.
- The JetBlue cancellation refund would be provided in the original form of payment or as a travel credit, depending on the fare type.
- To begin the flight cancellation process, select the “Confirmation” button.
- The passenger’s email address will receive a cancellation confirmation after the cancellation has been made.
- JetBlue Flight Cancellation Via Phone (Customer Support Executive)
- If it is a refundable fare, passengers can cancel the flight reservation over the phone by calling JetBlue customer support.
- Keep your booking reference close as you connect with the next JetBlue executive who becomes available.
- Request that the JetBlue flight executive cancels the reservation.
- Verify the refund amount produced by the reservation.
- The flight reservation must be canceled per JetBlue’s cancellation policy up to 3 hours before departure time.
- Passengers will receive the flight cancellation credit email on their registered email address if it is a restricted fare, and the travel credit is valid for up to 365 days after the date of cancellation.