American Airlines is one of the world’s largest and most popular airlines, offering its customers a wide variety of services. One of their most essential services is their Flight Change Policy, which allows customers to change their flight plans without penalty or additional fees. With this policy, American Airlines will enable customers to change their itineraries at any time before or after the scheduled departure date.
Further, we’ll look at how the American Airlines Flight Change Policy works and how it can help you when you need to change your travel plans. We’ll also discuss how to take advantage of the policy and learn about its benefits.
Remember These Points Before Making Changes to Your American Airlines Flight
You must know the AA Flight Change Policy if you want to change your flight. To find out more about the policy, please look at this information.
- According to American Airlines’ policy on flight changes, you can use their website or call their customer support line for assistance.
- AA has waived the change fees for select domestic and all international flights.
- Suppose you are taking an American Airlines flight to a domestic destination, regardless of whether it is in business, first class, main cabin, or premium economy. In that case, you will not be charged a change fee.
- If you travel with dogs on American Airlines and need to change your ticket, you can do so through their booking or by contacting American Airlines customer support.
- Additionally, you can change your flight for free if your AA ticket is refundable. You should be aware of American Airlines’ luggage restrictions when changing your flight.
- If your ticket is non-refundable, you must pay a change fee as per American Airlines’ change flight policy in 2023.
- You should also be mindful of your new ticket for the flight, as you will have to pay the difference if it costs more than your previous one, but you will receive travel credit from American Airlines if it is cheaper.
- Basic economy ticket holders are not eligible for refunds or flight changes.
American Airlines 24-Hour Flight Change Policy
No matter your ticket type, American Airlines’ 24-hour flight change policy for 2023 allows you to make changes to your trip reservation for free within 24 hours of booking it.
- Tickets purchased in Basic Economy on domestic flights are not eligible for modifications with American Airlines.
- Long-haul flights with origins in North or South America (excluding Basic Economy) have no change fees assessed.
- Domestic flights within the United States (except for Basic Economy) and short-haul international flights also do not incur any change costs.
- For award tickets, you can exchange them for free or at a redeposit cost, and the airline will credit the value of the ticket to your account for future use. If you change or rebook your travel and the amount is refunded, American Airlines flight modification policy states that no modification fee will be charged. If the new ticket is more expensive, you will need to pay the price difference, but if it is less costly, the airline will refund the difference to your original payment method.
- For single domestic flights (except for Basic Economy), American Airlines does not charge any fees for changes or rescheduling; however, if the new ticket is more expensive, you must pay the difference.
How Do I Change My American Airlines Flight?
Changing a flight with American Airlines is easy and can be done online or over the phone. American Airlines offers a variety of options for customers to change their flights, depending on the type of ticket purchased. Customers can change their tickets 24 hours before departure, with no fee for most tickets. This guide will explain how customers can change their American Airlines flights online or by calling customer service.
- Visit the American Airlines website and look for the “Manage Booking” option.
- Select the “Edit Flight” option.
- You will see an option to “Reschedule your booking” here. Enter the required information, pick a date, and proceed with the booking.
- Once you reach the payment page, complete the payment, and you will receive the confirmed ticket in your email.
To connect with American Airlines customer service, call their toll-free number at 1 888-982-1907 or use their live chat feature on the website. You can also send an email to customer relations at [email protected].
Can I Change My American Airlines Flight Same Day?
If you want to change your flight to a different time on the same day, you can do so for a lower fee than if you plan to make a change a day ahead of time. You can request on the American Airlines website or call their customer service number.
Before changing your flight on the same day, consider the following requirements.
- Your replacement flight must depart and arrive on the same day at the same airport, have the same number of stops at the same airports, and be managed and promoted by American Airlines or American Eagle.
- Every traveler is allowed to stand by for the previous flight. However, only Elite members can stand by for the next flight on the same day.
- Any accommodations to same-day and standby requirements will depend on the availability of the specified flight.
How to Change the Flight Date on American Airlines
It’s just as easy to change the date of an American Airlines trip as it is to like someone’s social media post.
To make the switch, simply follow these easy steps:
- First, log in to the official American Airlines website (https://www.aa.com) from your browser.
- Next, find the “AAdvantage” option on the far right side of the homepage. After that, click the “Your trips” section.
- Then, click the “Find your trip” option to view your journey.
- Finally, select the trip you want with the date you want.
- Click the “Change Trip” tab to complete the American Airlines date change process.
How Much Does American Airlines Charge Flight Change Fees?
American Airlines charges a fee of $200 for domestic and Latin American/Caribbean flights and $400 for international flights to make changes.