American Airlines is one of the most popular airlines in the United States, with travelers taking advantage of its convenient flight schedules and competitive prices. However, sometimes things don’t always go as planned, and you may need to make a name change on your ticket.
American Airlines has a policy regarding name changes on tickets. If the name on the ticket needs to be changed, customers must contact a representative from American Airlines for assistance. They may be required to pay a fee for the name change, depending on the type of ticket and the destination. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to change/correct the name on American Airlines, and some tips on how to make the process as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
How to Change the Name on an American Airlines Ticket?
American Airlines provides the option to correct your name both online and offline. To complete this process yourself, there are certain steps that you must take. The following information will help guide you through the process.
If you follow these steps, you will soon have a ticket with your correct name on it.
- To begin the process, open the airline’s official website.
- Select the “My Trips” link in the website’s title bar. Here, you will need to provide the first and last name of the person who booked the ticket, as well as the reference number.
- Once you click on the “Find Reservation” button, your reservation will appear on the screen.
- Select the ticket that you wish to change the name on, enter the new name, and then click the confirm button.
- The airline will inform you of the updates and provide you with a confirmation email.
- Since the airline does not make corrections frequently, make sure that you enter the correct name this time.
The policy states that the following must be followed:
- On their airline ticket, travelers may make a minor correction. A full first name change is not allowed by the airline.
- If a person is married or divorced after making the reservation, they can change their last name completely. The airline will require proof of the situation in both cases.
- The airline offers the option to make these modifications, as they understand they may be necessary sometimes, and there are no fees associated with making a small adjustment on American Airlines’ change name on a ticket service.
- For a major name change, an extra USD 25 processing fee will be charged. Additionally, a correction fee of $200 for domestic reservations and $700 for international ones will need to be paid.
Types of American Airlines Name Corrections
If you want to change the name on your American Airlines ticket, you should be aware of the types of adjustments that are allowed. It is not possible to completely switch one person’s name with another on the same ticket.
However, there are two types of modifications that can be made to an already existing reservation.
You can use this form to fix a spelling mistake on your ticket without having to pay any fee to the airline.
A major alteration involves totally revising the last anime on the ticket. This may be caused by either a divorce or marriage. To make this alteration, you must provide paperwork for the event. The airline will also charge an additional fee for major changes.
What is the American Airlines AAdvantage Name Change Policy?
If you would like to learn more about the American Airlines AAdvantage Name Change, please take a look at the points listed below.
- If you need to change your name or address on your AAdvantage account, you must first enter your AAdvantage number or login name, last name (as it appears on your membership), and passcode.
- You will then be directed to an online form where you must upload your legal marriage documents, a photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport), and your new name.
- If you forget your login information, you can also contact AAdvantage customer support at 1 888-982-1907.
- You will receive an email from American Airlines customer support which you must reply to with copies of your marriage license and certified identification card.
- After a few days, your new name will appear in the email.
American Airlines Minor Name Correct
Are you interested in gaining all the knowledge about American Airlines Minor Name Correct? If so, here is some information you should be aware of.
- To make a quick name change, visit the official American Airlines website and log in to your account.
- Then, locate your ticket and make the necessary corrections.
- For minor name changes, you can also contact American Airlines’ customer service department by phone.
- If you’re at the airport, you can use the kiosk machine to make minor adjustments to the name.
American Airlines Name Change Fee
Similar to other airlines, travelers must pay a fee to change their name on their ticket.
- American Airlines has eliminated fees for name changes on flights to and from North and South America starting June 30, 2021.
- Award ticket bookings will be applied in accordance with new American Airlines policies.
- If you want to make any changes to the ticket, you must pay the fare difference.
- If the new ticket costs less, the difference will be applied to your travel credit. Keep in mind that basic economy tickets on American Airlines are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- American Airlines customers can use this amenity for free for minor name adjustments.
- For more significant name corrections, passengers must pay a fee of USD 25. If you are flying to domestic or foreign locations with American Airlines, you must pay a name adjustment fee of USD 200 to USD 700.
American Airlines Name Change Due to Marriage
Are you searching for information regarding name changes due to marriage on American Airlines? If so, the following information will help you understand it better.
- If you have recently gotten married and are looking to change your name on a reservation, the majority of carriers will not change the name and will charge for a new ticket with a different name.
- However, you can apply for a visa in your new name for free within a year of the wedding. Consider it the State Division’s wedding present! When making travel arrangements, it’s important to use your legal name to avoid any confusion.
- You may also want to purchase travel protection in case there are any errors with your name or itinerary items.
- Keep in mind that the TSA will not accept a marriage endorsement as a form of identification, so when you fly, make sure to bring some form of identification with you.
- It will take two weeks for your marriage to be authenticated, so you can use your married name on identification.
- Booking a ticket in your married name is a wise idea, as it can be used as proof to speed up the processing of your visa at a nearby identification center in a single day.
If you need any help understanding the procedure and American Airlines’ name change policy, we’ve already gone over it for the benefit of our readers. Give us a call at our customer support contact number and we’ll answer any additional questions you have.