With Spirit Airlines’ policy on name changes, many passengers have questioned whether they can switch people or what will happen if they type the wrong name on the boarding pass.
The airlines have processes to help passengers deal with these circumstances, including how much it will cost and how far in advance of the scheduled departure travelers can change their names. Let’s comprehend the crucial highlights.
According to Spirit’s policy on name changes, customers may modify up to three characters in the first, middle, or last names. Please do not interpret the three characters as unique for the first, middle, and final names.
There are other guidelines to follow, such as:
If a legal name change occurs, it would be possible to request a name change for the spirit, which would be charged at no additional cost.
The name change policy of Spirit Airlines does not apply to any further information about the traveller, such as contact information or gender.
All other information connected to name changes, such as date of birth, contact information, gender, and passport information must be supported by legal documentation, such as a marriage certificate, court order, divorce decree, or any other name change document.
- It is advised to include the middle name or any other prefixes or suffixes to ensure the name matches what is on the government-issued photo ID.
- If a person is on numerous flights, they would only be able to seek a name change on flights operated by the airline.
- The airlines provide a risk-free cancellation period during which customers may modify or amend their name within 24 hours without incurring a Spirit Airlines name change fee.
- The flight must be run by an airline, and the ticket stock number must begin with the number 955 to change the ticket’s name.
- Spirit Airlines’ policy on name changes limits the transfer of ownership of reservations.
Change/Correct Name on a Spirit Airlines Ticket?
Both online and over the phone, travellers have the option to amend or modify names when booking a flight. Let’s examine the two approaches below to comprehend how Spirit Airlines changed its name:
Change/Correction of Incorrect Name on Ticket- Online
The steps to changing a name on a flight reservation online are as follows:
- Visit the airline’s website and find the ‘Manage Booking’ option if you want to modify the name on a Spirit flight.
- Together with the passenger’s last name, enter the six-digit booking reference. To get the booking, click the “Confirm” button.
- To alter the passenger’s name, click the “Change” button.
- Please provide your real name.
- Up to three characters can be corrected online.
- Alter the name to ensure it should appear identical to the government-issued photo ID.
- Include the legal papers to confirm the passenger’s legal name. The Spirit Airlines name change charge must be paid. The confirmation will be sent to the registered email address for the passenger with the proper name.
Change/Correct Name via Airlines- Customer Support
Call Spirit Airlines customer service to request a name change or correction up to 24 hours before the departure time.
Name Correction Policy of Spirit Airlines
It is completely forbidden to make any speculative flight reservations in anticipation that a name change request will be granted. An action like that is viewed as abusive by the airlines. The following are the key points from the Spirit Airlines ticket correction:
In general, Spirit Airlines would not accept requests to change a ticket’s name on an existing PNR. If tickets were issued, the PNR would have to be annulled. Using the existing availability, make a new reservation.
- When Spirit Airlines refers to “name correction,” it refers to changing a passenger’s last name, first name, middle name, or title if there is a spelling error or a missing name component.
- The request must be taken to mean that the passenger’s last name, middle name, first name, or any/all combinations of those names, will be completely changed. Only situations where travelers lawfully altered their names are eligible for the modification.
- The three-character limit includes the space character and the passenger’s title in the name change request.
- Date of birth (DOB) changes, additions, and deletions can be handled by the booking source and are not included in the three-character limit.
- When passengers officially change their last name, first name, middle name, or any/all of them together, they must submit a request for a name change on their airline tickets, which an official travel certificate will accompany.
- All flight reservations made through frequent flyer programs are always subject to restrictions on name changes and corrections.
- The Spirit Airlines name correction policy prohibits changing passenger name correction requests.