The flight ticket’s name must match the name on the passenger’s official document under Lufthansa’s name change policy (passport, ID card). Passengers should always ensure that their names are appropriately entered on the ticket when making a reservation.
Retrospective changes to the airline’s PNR require a lot of work and money, including the Lufthansa name change charge, the process for exchanging tickets, and any applicable cost difference.
The guidelines for changing the name on a Lufthansa ticket are as follows, and they must be followed:
- The flight must be operated by Lufthansa Airlines, and the ticket must have the LH document LH flight number.
- There can only be one Lufthansa name change per ticket.
- According to Lufthansa’s name change policy, changing the passenger’s name is not authorized.
- The name correction policy of Lufthansa only applies to individual reservations.
- According to the contract, a group booking may modify the name on a Lufthansa ticket.
- Any errors made by Lufthansa regarding the name on the ticket cannot be accepted or carried out in a mixed PNR that also contains flying segments from other carriers.
Lufthansa Ticket Name Change Rules
Did you spell your name incorrectly when you made your Lufthansa reservation? Did you discover that you made a typing error when making a reservation a short while afterward, perhaps a day or two? Give our Lufthansa ticket name change team all your worries and frustrations, and we’ll assist you in taking care of all your name change requests without any problems. The following guidelines will be followed when handling your request to have your passenger’s name changed on a flight with Lufthansa:
Correct The Travelers Name
Lufthansa’s policy on name changes, travelers may modify their first, middle, or last name by up to two characters. The two-character limit is a combined figure and should not be interpreted as two characters for the first, middle, and last names.
Lufthansa Middle Name on Ticket Correction
Passengers on Lufthansa can change, add, or remove their middle names. In these situations, a request for re-issuance would be considered, and flights would be rebooked in the same class or lower or higher. The Lufthansa name change fee and any applicable fare difference will be the responsibility of the passengers.
Altering The Traveller Name to A Nickname
A legal document is needed to execute a passenger’s Lufthansa name change request, which allows them to change their first, middle legal, and last names, or any/all of their combinations of those three names.
Adding a Prefix or Suffix to The Passenger’s Name
Passengers on Lufthansa can change, add, remove, or add a title, suffix, or prefix to their name. In these situations, a request for re-issuance would be considered, and flights would be rebooked in the same class or lower or higher. The Lufthansa name change fee and any applicable fare difference will be the responsibility of the passengers.
Critical Name Changes
Under Lufthansa’s name change policy, customers may ask to have their names changed for reasons related to the law, such as
- name change request for marriage on Lufthansa
- Due to a divorce agreement, Lufthansa changed its last name or middle name.
- A legal document issued by the government bearing the new name
Affidavits for Lufthansa Name Changes
The law permits some requests for Lufthansa name changes. These conditions are:
- Divorce judgment
- Marriage certificate document allowing the name change
- A passport or photo ID with a name suffix or prefix that the government issued.