If a traveler decides not to go, WestJet has a cancellation policy. A journey may need to be canceled for several reasons, even if the traveler has made advance plans. They can include the traveler’s passing, significant changes to the itinerary, etc. Considering these and other situations, the flight cancellation policy enables customers to book their preferred itinerary with WestJet.
What is the WestJet Cancellation Policy?
- The Westjet cancel policy states that after 24 hours, basic tickets might not be revocable.
- Any cancellations made after twenty-four hours may result in fines and an increase in the applicable taxes or government levies. Also, some special tickets may be subject to reversal restrictions. These restrictions could be stated when a customer purchases a ticket.
- If you make a reservation for a round-trip flight and decide not to board the first leg, the reservation may cancel the second leg. In this case, the cost of the canceled flight part may be forfeited. The WestJet airline may not issue a refund.
- The remaining balance is the only part of a ticket that may be reversed.
- Within two hours of the departure, passengers may not be allowed to change their reservations. They can reserve seats on another flight under WestJet’s cancellation policy.
- Flyers who have purchased tickets from a trip organizer, travel agency, or airline partner can speak with them directly about reversals.
What is the WestJet 24 Hours Cancellation Policy?
The WestJet 24-hour cancellation function was developed for the convenience of travelers. Every type of ticket and category included in the package may be subject to this policy feature. The booking may be canceled under this arrangement within twenty-four hours without incurring reversal fees. This functionality may be crucial because group reservations incur more significant costs. The entire cost of the package, or money paid, may be repaid under the WestJet Vacations cancellation policy within 24 hours. It may be returned to the original payment method. It also covers your choice of seats, baggage costs, and refundable fees. However, the receipt of this return might not happen within the first 24 hours. It will take a long time for the Calgary-based carrier to process it.
What is the WestJet Cancellation Refund Policy?
- The Canadian airline is unable to refund any money for basic tickets.
- The sum cannot be reimbursed in the same way as payment if the flight is canceled more than twenty-four hours after purchasing Superior, Exclusive, Business, or Economical tickets. After subtracting a service charge, the amount of the WestJet flight cancellation reimbursements might be given in the form of a trip credit.
- You can receive a refund for your Econoflex ticket for domestic travel in the shape of future credits. A fee is not to be deducted either.
- In addition, the refund may be issued in the form of a travel credit if the passenger has Econoflex tickets and is departing from outside of North America. This will be carried out after deducting any applicable costs.
How To Cancel A WestJet Flight Online?
If you don’t know how to cancel a WestJet flight online, you can use the methods listed below to change or cancel your WestJet Airlines reservations:
- The first step is to go to the WestJet Airlines official website.
- You must find the “Manage and Plan” page once you are on the WestJet Airlines official website.
- You must tap the drop-down arrow when you see “Manage and Plan” on the screen.
- You must choose the flight you want to cancel from the list on the screen under the Manage Trips option.
- After choosing the flight to cancel, you must provide the reservation number and the passenger’s last name before selecting the Search option.
- After completing this step, you must navigate to the Manage booking page to choose the Cancel Flight option to proceed.
- You must adhere to the on-screen instructions on the WestJet flight cancellation page to effectively cancel the flight.
Visit WestJet Airlines’ official website if you have questions about their cancellation policy.
How To Cancel A WestJet Flight Via Phone?
You can speak with the operator’s team. You can ask for the reversal while on the call. You could be prompted for the reservation’s specifics. Your last name and the reservation code are required. You agree to pay the needed amount when submitting the information. The personnel will start the WestJet flight cancellation procedure when you pay a service fee.
What is the WestJet Cancellation Fee?
JusPerfectly Like any airline, WestJet Airlines levies a fee on customers who change their minds about their reservations. Every traveler who cancels a reservation first considers the cancellation cost. The airline advises customers to read the WestJet cancellation policy before making reservations. The WestJet cancellation fees vary depending on various variables, including the trip destination, the time between the cancellation and flight departure, the price type held by the customer, the time of cancellation, the number of tickets chosen for cancellation, and much more. Take a look at the following to learn about the WestJet cancellation fee:
- The cancellation cost for WestJet Econo tickets is approximately 50 to 59 Canadian dollars.
- If they fly within Canada, customers with Econo Flex tickets must pay around 25 to 30 Canadian dollars.
- The WestJet cancellation fee ranges from 100 to 118 Canadian dollars for travelers with Business Flex tickets.
- Passengers with Premium tickets must pay a WestJet cancellation fee of about $50 to $59 CDN.
- Please be aware that, under WestJet’s cancellation policy, the fee for travelers booking tickets to Europe is completely different.