According to British Airways name change policy, travellers whose names do not exactly match those on their official travel documents are not permitted to board the aircraft (passport, government-issued ID)
In unusual cases, British Airways will grant name correction requests that demand significant work and cost (including, if applicable, a name correction fee, reissue fee, and fare difference). The first, middle, or last name may be corrected by up to three characters per British Airways name change request. Contact the nearest British Airways ticket office or call our British Airways name change phone number if you need to change your name on the airline.
British Airways does not, under any circumstances, permit the full first and middle name to be changed on the ticket. It is necessary to cancel the PNR and reissue it with the same fare basis code or a higher fare basis code.
Following are all the key elements and things to think about before requesting a name change per British Airways name change policy:
- When using Executive Club flyer miles to book flight segments, British Airways does not allow name changes on tickets.
- Passenger switching is not allowed. A passenger must cancel their current reservation and initiate a refund in these situations. Then make a new reservation using the various names.
- All British Airways name correction requests must undergo a ticket exchange process. Flight segments must be kept to the original fare regulations and service class, pending availability. The original class of service and ticket regulations must be maintained if the original flight segments are not still available in that class. Fare variations can be present.
- To exchange seats between the new and the previous PNR, travellers must go through the seat selection process again after submitting their British Airways name change requests.
British Airways Name Change Before the Ticket Is Issued
- Only three letters can be changed in the first, middle, or last name, according to British Airways’ policy on name changes.
- The British Airways name change requests also ask for the title and the space correction.
- Date of Birth, Gender, adding an infant, and Passenger Type Code (PTC) corrections or additions will not be handled as British Airways name change requests.
- Please contact us at the British Airways name change contact number if the corrections require more than three letters.
- The British Airways name change request must be started with a legal document that verifies the new name.
British Airways Name Change After the Ticket Is Issued
- Only legal responsibilities, such as divorce, marriage, or any new change in the first or last name that occurred in the official travel document after the ticket was issued, will allow passengers to request a name change.
- Only three letters can be changed in the first, middle, or last name, according to British Airways’ policy on name changes. The legal document must be used to validate any name modification requests because the name on the aircraft ticket and the government-issued photo ID must match exactly.
- After submitting their name change requests, British Airways customers must renew their tickets since their flights will be rebooked in the same or the next lowest/highest available class. Any applicable fare difference and the British Airways name change fee would be the responsibility of the passengers.
British Airways Name Correction Policy
- British Airways name correction requests are often only accepted on flights that British Airways operates and only if the ticket number begins with 236.
- For a British Airways name change fee, modifications up to three letters in a first name, middle name, or last name and changes for passports and marriages may be requested in certain extraordinary circumstances.
Change Name British Airways Request
On the British Airways flight segment, name correction of up to three characters is allowed following British Airways’ name alteration policy. The three characters are combined and should not be interpreted as the three characters for the initial and last names, respectively. A 250 USD British Airways name change fee would be added to any applicable fare difference.
British Airways Name Change Marriage Request
When travelling on an aircraft operated by British Airways, one may seek a name correction following marriage or divorce. The British Airways name change request must be started with a legal document that verifies the new name. A 250 USD British Airways name change fee would be added to any applicable fare difference.
British Airways Name Change Fee
If you don’t request a name change within 24 hours of the purchase date, British Airways will charge you a cost of USD 150. British Airways requires that the passenger submit a legal document to legally rectify or replace a person’s initial name, title, middle name, last name, or any/all of these things together. In these situations, a new PNR should be produced, and the flight ticket would be issued again in the highest available class of service if one is still available. Any relevant fare differential may be present.
Only name correction requests with up to three characters on the first, middle, or last name will be considered after 24 hours without incurring the 250 USD British Airways name change cost. The three characters are a cumulative total and should not be interpreted as three characters for the first name, three for the middle name, and three for the last name